Saturday, May 29, 2004

CyrusFX returns in full form

Well, bear with me on
this one, but I think I might be starting my own
Sect... err... School of Thought. And I
prefer the entrepreneurial title as
a "Consultant Firm" over "Think Tank."
"Think Tank" just seems a bit
too pretentious to me, and besides no
one needs them except the really,
really big wigs. Right now we are small potatos.

What a sweet job would that be though, to
be a full-time member of a
company Think Tank, where you just
sit around with a bunch of other smart
people and try to come up with solutions
to the many types of problems a company
may run into. The unpredictable, unseen
and otherwise novel problems are of
course the most lucrative... not only
financially but because they present a
worthwhile opportunity for me to participate
in one of my favorite "mental sports"
of all time: solving problems via the
encorporation of knowledge, intellect
and a solid grasp on logic.

Such solutions to such problems would
definitely be worked out more
efficiently, quickly and convincingly
if such an enterprise worked as a
collective, and I think you know who
I'm talking about. If we were
clever enough to pool our resources
together to ultimately produce "satistying
results" (and we have previously
demonstrated many times in the past --
philosophy, schoolwork, jamming, BTF, etc. -
hey I'm serious!) for
whatever clientele, well hey we would have a
job we all would/could enjoy.

And really, I don't know about you guys,
but all I wanna do is have a
job that I don't hate, that I don't have
to wake up every morning and know I
have to be miserable for the next however many
hours. This might sound gay (well
this whole thing might sound gay to you by now
but fuck you), but I truly am
convinced that human sociality and technology
have evolved enough to
the point(and not only recently) where we
shouldn't have to "work" for a living.
We should be able to just do what it is we enjoy
doing all of the time,
because fuck it, whether its jamming or making weird
underground films or doing
this consulting firm thing, we owe it to ourselves to
not have to be
miserable in our chosen profession(s). We are all smart,
creative, and we fuse well,
and generally a tight unit.

The only think we lack is a way
to get off the ground. Well, this
neural-net based statistical analysis package my
professor invented (which is open
source code by the way) might be
our first entry way. See, he was about to
start up this company called "Data Busters,"
which he got government funds for
and everything, using this collection of neural-net data
analysis/forecaster algorithms, and
the first project was going to analyze insurance
company data to look for fraudulent
claims based on anomalies in patient record data
patterns. For every 5 fraud cases
he found out of every 100,000, they
offered him ~20 grand. Well, it
turns out he cancelled the whole fucking thing
which is why I have to move back
to SB, but hey I still have this program and I
think it would be worhtwhile and
possibly profitable if we could some how put it
to use.

I've tried the stock market, baseball
games, fed interest rates, to no
avail so far... But I did make a model
which could 95% of the time predict
whether some baseball player's lifetime
stats successfully indicated if he was in
the Hall of Fame or not.... So anyway,
this is already really long, but yeah I
dunno I'm gonna keep looking for different
data sources to analyze till I move
back to SB. And if you run out of data,
there's always the warm butter of a
flobular sound wave to keep you company.

There's no Gnome like Palindome,

--CFx xFC

[the foregoing is an email recieved from CyrusFX, Saturday, May 28]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home